Title:Director of Manufacturing Operations
Location:Portland, Oregon, USA
About Stevens Water Monitoring Systems
Stevens Water Monitoring Systems (www.stevenswater.com) was founded in 1911 and has been innovating water and soil monitoring solutions ever since. With a focus on simplicity, innovation, and efficiency we strive to grow profitably while helping to improve the environment we all live in and share. We’re also a leader in in the golf and sports turf market with our as POGO brand. POGO is a professional, all-in-one system obtaining superior insight into turf conditions, allowing better decisions to be made efficiently and cost effectively for presenting the finest turf conditions possible.
Lead, oversee, and manage all manufacturing, supply chain, and in-factory service operations for the Company. Ensure the profitable on-time delivery of a quality product and/or service that exceeds our customers’ expectations. Build and sustain a culture of the rigorous elimination of waste using proven lean manufacturing tools and processes.
- Hiring, training, and developing manufacturing and service staff to support the growth objectives of the Company.
- Ensuring a safe, productive, and efficient manufacturing operation at all times.
- Contribute as business leader to set and deliver Company strategy and tactics for profitable growth.
- Manage and oversee all Company facilities and properties.
- Ensure a sustainable supply chain for all critical components; establish strong partnering relationships with key vendors and suppliers; lead and conduct negotiations for purchased components; conduct “make versus buy” analyses to ensure the company is investing in the appropriate core competencies to support its strategic breakthrough objectives.
- Create, improve, foster, and sustain a “lean enterprise culture” across the organization.
- Other duties as required.
- Develop, manage, and report to a budget for operational expenses, COGS, and capital expenditures to support profitable growth.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting of on-time delivery for both internal and external customers
- Daily disciplined management and reporting of safety, quality, delivery, and cost operational metrics.
- Continuously improve the balance between inventory, working capital, and on-time-delivery in a growth business.
- Selection and performance of key vendors and partners in the supply chain.
Knowledge, Experience & Capabilities
- Strategic and tactical business planning process.
- Workforce management and team member development practices and policies.
- Problem solving tools – “5 Why’s,” Pareto Principle, Countermeasures, Action Plans, etc.
- Advanced labor and material forecasting to meet demand requirements.
- Lean enterprise tools and processes (Toyota, Danaher, Fortive, etc.)
- Customer focus – candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and clients.
- Business acumen – candidate must know how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Resilience – candidate must be able to recover rapidly from adversity, change or misfortunate; must have the ability to bounce back from difficult situations; have the capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out; candidate must have a positive view of self and confidence in his/her strengths and abilities.
- Integrity and trust – candidate must be widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Must be willing to build, recruit, and develop a strong team.
- Effective teamwork – Initiates and participates in teams when needed; contributes to team morale and spirit; shares in the wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; encourages people to be responsible for their work; displays high collaboration skills.
- Interpersonal savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Negotiation – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Computing – ERP, MRP, Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365), Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required to perform job function.
- Enjoys meeting new people and builds trust very quickly. Strong listener with ability to offer a professional response at all times.
Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Leads through ambiguity.
- Collaborates across functional areas.
- Focuses on customers.
- Drives for results and create an edge.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges
- Ability to rapidly asses and prioritize needs in a changing environment.
- Managing a diverse team with multiple skills and responsibilities.
- Ability to lead and teach others in a fast paced environment.
- Making data driven decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Travel Requirements overnight up to 10%.
- Single shift operations.
- Ability to work on virtual teams.
- Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds.